We have hit the guest jackpot this month, as we are joined tonight by the be-smocked Mr. David Rees, of Artisanal Pencil Sharpening and Going Deep with David Rees fame. Tonight Andy, Tim and Johnny gang up on Mr. Rees on his passion for pencil sharpening, sharpeners and his veritable inclination to explore deeply issues as how to sharpen pencils and how to make the perfect cube of ice. We begin, as we always do, with our fresh points and a discussion of Field Notes’ Reticle Graph paper, a Swiss pencil and the generosity of our listeners.
Show Notes & Links
- Special Offer: Pencils N Caps for Erasable Listeners | Notegeist
- Kikkerland Retro Pens | Amazon
- Stanely folding knife
- Caran d’Ache Swiss Wood
- Bullet Journal: Journaling at the Speed of Life | Kickstarter
- David Rees
- Artisanal Pencil Sharpening
- How to Sharpen Pencils | Amazon.com
Tools of the Trade
- Andy is drinking a gin and tonic (well, La Croix Lime sparking water, not tonic), and is writing with a Caran d'Ache Swiss Wood 348 from listener Richard Hoffpauir.
- Tim is drinking a locally roasted Ethiopian Yirgacheffe, and is also writing with a Caran d'Ache Swiss Wood 348 from Richard.
- Johnny is drinking his usual Wild Turkey 101 (still waiting for that sponsorship!), and is writing with a knife-sharpened General's Semi-Hex, in honor of our special guest.