On episode 9 of the The Erasable Podcast, Johnny, Andy, and Tim explore the world of bullet pencils. Johnny invents a new cocktail, "The Podcaster." There’s a lot of “showing off” going on, and the guys wax on the injustice of the demise of the bullet pencil. But, fear not, they also discuss the recent resurgence in the interest and production of these uber-practical writing instruments. Also, the five winners of the Word. notebooks giveaways are announced, and the guys gush over a thoughtful listenership and the podcast’s new Facebook group.
Show Notes & Links
"The Podcaster" cocktail:
As conceived by Johnny Gamber, mixologist extraordinaire
- 2 oz. Wild Turkey 101
- A splash of soda
- A splash of maraschino cherry juice
- Stir together (perhaps with a pencil?) and serve in a pint glass.
- Staedtler Wopex Neon Dozen — $2 at Staples.com!
- Why on earth would I want to use a pencil? | The Cramped
- Review of Gallery Leather Oporto Journal | Pencil Revolution
- Bullet pencils: Pocket-friendly utensils from a bygone era | Woodclinched
- Interview with Mr. Aaron Draplin, Draplin Design Co., and Field Notes Brand | Pencil Revolution:
- Part 1
- Part 2
- The Bullet Pencil: A timeless love story | The Jungle is Neutral
- The Bullet Pencil: “Restoring” a Classic | The Jungle is Neutral
- Bullet to bullet: the Midori brass pencil vs. the bulk, blank “umpire pencil” | Woodclinched
- WNPR Program about Pencils
- Nano Dia | Jetpens
- Monteverde One Touch Multi Tool Mechanical Pencil | The Writing Arsenal
- Mitsubishi Hi Uni | JetPens
- Nock Co.
- HuckleberryWoodchuck | Etsy