Dear Plumbago Readers and Contributors,
Our world-famous fiction and poetry issue has been out for a couple months now (and this time, we printed enough to last us a while!) so it’s time to start looking ahead toward Issue 4.
This time around, we want to get a little more serious with the editorial direction.
We’re looking for shining examples of creative nonfiction and personal narrative about how analog has shaped your life.
We encourage submissions of all forms: comics, sketches, flash, prose, poetry, screenplays — heck, even a photo story. But for this upcoming issue, we have put guidelines in place to keep costs down and produce a tighter, more polished final product.
Writer, podcaster, and friend-of-the-show Harry Marks is joining the editorial board to help shape the issue and provide feedback on submissions.
A few examples of the type of stories we're looking for:
- How analog has dramatically changed my life.
- A time in my life when analog played an integral part
- A memory of a loved one and how it relates to analog:
- An aunt’s beloved watercolor set gifted to you after her passing?
- A father’s cherished typewriter pulled out of the basement?
- How have stationery and analog tools shaped the memories of your loved ones?
(This is a rough plan, and subject to change)
- Now: Accepting proposals for issue 4
- June 1: Deadline for submissions
- Mid-June: Preorders available
(Also when PDFs of Issue 3 go on sale)
- Early July: Issue 4 ships
- 2000 words typed
- 3 pages hand-written (get in touch first if you'd like to submit a handwritten piece)
- You may submit up to five (5) poems, with a max of two (2) poems to be published
- 1 page
- 2 pages
- Photo stories
- 2 pages
- Other mediums? Let’s talk.
All art will be run in black and white.
Do you have an idea for something to submit? Let’s chat about it.
Email me at email@example.com.