This week, the men are joined by veritable Pencil Royalty: Charles Berolzheimer, or "WoodChuck", CEO of Cal Cedar and Zurückbringer of the Blackwing. We rap about the groovy new Field Notes edition, our beverage and graphite weapons of choice and our Fresh Points. Then we grill Charles about the rebirth of the Blackwing, pencil woods and what would constitute the Ideal Pencil. He gives us his view on the role of social media in the pencil world, and how it launched the online shop that took Pencils.com from an educational resource for teachers and pencil companies alike, to a multi-brand online storefront that launched the Palomino Blackwing.
Show Notes & Links
- Erasable “Pencil is Forever” t-shirt | TeeSpring.com
- Retro 51
- Staedtler Neon Wopex Review
- Staedtler The Pencil Review (1 and 2) | Pencil Revolution:
- Part 1
- Part 2
- Papermate Mongol pencils
- Huckleberry Woodchuck / MetalShopCT Bullet Pencils:
Tools of the Trade
- Andy is drinking just plain old green tea (Rishi Jade Cloud, to be exact) and writing with an Autopoint Jumbo All-American mechanical pencil.
- Tim is drinking a newly-conceived cocktail, The State of Franklin, made with a humble Tennessee whiskey mixed into a local soda, Dr. Enuf, and is writing with a Mitsubishi 9852 HB
- Johnny is drinking Irish Coffee, and writing with a black Wopex in a Stealth Word. Notebook.