In this episode, Tim, Johnny and Andy put on their red, white and blue and salute their three favorite pencils which are made in the USA. While American pencil production is nothing like it used to be even a decade ago, there are still a few companies making excellent pencils on our shores. The guys also go discuss their usual Fresh Points and the latest offering from Field Notes, the Ambition Edition.
The USA-made Pencil Pledge of Allegiance
“I pledge allegiance to the pencils made in the United States of America. And to the graphite, for which they encase. One eraser, on the end, for mistakes, for which it rubs out.”
Show Notes & Links
- 1.1 Million Pencil Lot | eBay
- Field Notes Ambition Edition
- Palomino Prospector
- General’s Kimberly
- General’s Cedar Pointe
- Write Dudes America’s Pencil, natural finish
- Longaburger Pencil Basket | eBay
- Unaired SNL Sketch: Gus Chiggins | EbaumsWorld.com
- Baron Fig Global Haiku Project
- Nerd Uprising (podcast and blog)
Tools of the Trade
Tim is drinking New Belgium 1554, and writing in his Wald Mfg. Co., Inc. advertising pencil.
Johnny is drinking Zeke's Colombian Mesa de los Santos coffee, and a Sam Adams Cream Stout, and writing with ???.